Monday, June 21, 2010

Michael and Pat found these cool insects, called me on the radio, aimed me in the right direction, and pointed out the subjects

I took it from there. Hey, I'm not completely helpless. I know the bottom insect is an Assassin Bug. I don't know which one and I have no idea what the top ones are but don't they make a pretty pattern? They assumed this pose on the underside of a Magnolia leaf (in an area slightly larger than that of a quarter). I shot up at them so much of the lighting is courtesy of the translucent leaf, The row of 7 eggs laid in the leaf vein is pretty cool too. Could these little guys have hatched from eggs like those? I don't know.

I take a lot of pictures and, because I use a fairly inexpensive (generous assessment) camera and rarely spend more than a few seconds on any picture, they're all really just snapshots. (I would estimate the elapsed time from when I stopped my vehicle till I was finished taking these two pictures, to be close to but less than one minute.) Occasionally I wish I used better equipment and spent more time This would be a wonderful photograph if well done.. Still....life is compromise. If I carried a 2,000 dollar camera with a 2,000 dollar lens, I couldn't carry it in my pocket so I'd miss a lot of things. I don't know. I think this is the way to go.

No comments: