Thursday, June 10, 2010

I read about the medicinal qualities of Angelica last week.....I missed the part about it's being a Soldier Beetle aphrodisiac

There were dozens of pairs on the Siberian Angelica at the top of the Bloodgrass Dragon in China Valley. The damned weevils are wreaking havoc on Rohdeas and I just noticed they've eaten half of the Vernicia fordii. Still, I just couldn't bring myself to slaughter them mid-coitus. You know what though, I wouldn't mind using whatever the relevant ingredient is here and creating a weevil trap.

Weevils are serious pests of various plants; I associate them with their charcterist notched chomping on Rhododendrons, though they seem to enjoy a wide variety of leaves. There isn't currently any good way to control them, or at least there wasn't the last time I checked. They sure love the nectar of these Angelicas though.....there must be some way to use this weakness against them.

No comments: