Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Planting Project adjacent to the Adminstration Building parking lot

I've been intrigued by these plants sitting patiently beside the lath house for the past few weeks (the plants, not me) and I was excited to see what was going to happen to them. There are some good ones here, an interestingly varied collection, including a weeping form of Acer buergeranum, the Trident Maple. Tomorrow, light permitting, I'll take pictures of the finished planting and identify some of them.

A few older plants went and some turf disappeared to make room for this planting. As much as I love the Crape Myrtle 'Natchez', I think we may have enough of them already on the grounds so I wasn't sad to see one disappear. I was a bit sad to see a nice Magnolia go, but sometimes you have to make way for new things. Plus, any planting with variegated Yuccas in it works for me.

No comments: