Sunday, November 22, 2009

Arisaema ringens: the seed heads have fallen


I'm not certain if this is a confession or a recommendation. Just about Thanksgiving every year I gather a few of the fallen seed heads of Arisaema ringens, a vigorous Asian Jack-in-the -Pulpit, clip off most of their rotting stems, cruelly impale them on freshly cup bamboo skewers, and move them to a more highly visible location adjacent to the front walk. I admit that there's an element of chicanery in this practice, but the seeds are atractive, I like looking at them, and the plants grow in out of the way places. Plus, the stems have turned to mush leaving the seed heads on their sides rotting....so, I'm going to keep doing it..

3 comments:

How It Grows said...

Whatever works...

Anonymous said...

Hello,

If you have "plenty" of seeds this autumn (2010) maybe you want to sell some? If so, this is our e-mail address:

info@rareplants.de

(PD As this blog is moderated, I hope that it is ok to contact you via this message).

Best wishes

Bjoern

Anonymous said...

Hello once again,

I just saw that you listed our website in the category " plant nurseries you like...".

Thanks for this link, very much appreciated!

Best wishes

Bjoern